Why Build High Performing Teams?
Teams play an important role in organizational success. High-performing teams can collaboratively work towards achieving organizational goals. Unfortunately, mismanaged teams can slow or even halt performance. Effective teams have:
- Commitment from team members to achieve an established purpose.
- Clearly defined, ambitious goals and an understanding of what is required to reach those goals.
- A comfortable atmosphere where team members are receptive to ideas from all members.
- A constructive manner for handling disagreements.
- Roles that are clearly defined.
- Individuals who carry their own weight.
When do you Need a Team Building Workshop?
Team building workshops become necessary when there is:
- A new team that wants to reach a high-performance level.
- New members who have joined the team.
- A team that is struggling with interpersonal or performance-related issues.
- An existing team that wants to improve their productivity.
What Happens at a Team Building Workshop?
Team Building programs are customized to each organization. Pre-assessment surveys help to determine the needs of each client. Generally workshops will include:
- Identification of personal communication styles in order to communicate in the best possible manner with each team member.
- Active Listening techniques to effectively communicate in a variety of situations.
- Methods to shift from a defensive to collaborative approach for problem solving.
- Proven methods for stress reduction.
- Learning creative methods for handling problems while still maintaining sensitivity and respect.
What does a Team Building Facilitator and Coach Do?
- Create an environment of trust and respect so that each team member feels that they can communicate openly.
- Listen carefully to all that is being communicated, both verbally and non-verbally.
- Set clear expectations and establish methods for achieving those expectations.
- Set up role plays, games, and modeling scenarios to allow for hands-on experiences.
Contact us if your team is ready to work towards a higher level of performance. Each team has different personalities and experiences. Let’s have a conversation to determine how we can customize our program for you.